We are announcing today Ushahidi Nexmo SMS plugin. Coupled with our 10% discount for non-profits, the new plugin will enable NGOs to better utilise SMS for social activism and public accountability. Here is the link to the plug-in.
To set-up the Nexmo plugin to your Ushahidi instance, here is a simple tutorial:
- In the admin section of your installation, click on “Addons” link
- Here, you will find a list of plugins. Find and activate the Nexmo plugin:
- Once activated, click on the [Settings] link to configure the plugin:
- Enter your Nexmo API Key and Secret – signup to Nexmo first to get them
- Finally, the plugin has to be designated as the default “sending provider” for sending out SMS alerts. To do so, click on the “Settings” link on the admin console and navigate to the “SMS” tab. Fill in the required information and save the settings.
It is ready to go!
If your are an NGO or Non Profit, don’t forget to claim your 10% discount. Special thanks to the Ushahidi developers community for developing the SMS plugin.